Thursday, March 17, 2011

Birthdays in a flash.

I looked at my calendar this morning and suddenly realised I need three birthday cards this week, and then I also need another couple to make up for the ones I missed last month! Better late than never.  I've got to be the worst, I make a crazy number of cards to sell for the Bonnie Babes Foundation, but never remember to keep enough to use for myself!  I pulled out the wonderful Crazy for Cupcakes (IB&C p 36) and got creating.  I managed to get both these cards done in less than 15 minutes so I got them in the mail before lunch. Hooray!

The cupcake one has to be my all time favourite. I stamp the image onto whisper white cardstock and then again on two different pieces of designer paper. I cut out the top and bottom separately and then stick them onto the whisper white image. Easy. It does also mean I can through another one together with the two remaining pieces of paper.  Two cards for one really.  I use Kindy Glitz for the flame and also to highlight the sprinkles. 

Birthday balloons is very similar and made use today of a lot of little scraps of designer paper.  You know the little bits we all hoard but never know what we'll use them for.  I simply stamped the balloons, starting with the middle one, on the whisper white cardstock, trimmed it to the size I liked, decided on which colours to mount and make the final card out of and then stuck the cut out balloons on with dimensionals.  Just to add a little more dimension I used versa mark clear ink to stamp the streamers on the card front.  I used a rub on sentiment for something different and then added Kindy Glitz for some sparkle. 

Stamp Set/s: Crazy for Cupcakes
Inks:  Basic Black, Versa Mark
Cardstock/Paper: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa. Ballet Blue, Whisper White; dsp varied scraps!
Tools & Embellishments:  Paper Cutter, Bone Folder, Snail Adhesive, Dimensionals, Paper Snips & Kindy Glitz.

3 comments:

  1. Cool birthday card love your balloons.
    Cheers Vic

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great paper piecing! Love those balloons. So glad you joined us at SUO Challenges!

    Jen Timko

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very colorful and fun! I love your paper piecing! Thanks for playing SUO challenges.

    ReplyDelete