Monday, March 28, 2011

Blink and you'll miss it!

Only three days to go until the Summer Mini  catalogue ends so don't think too hard if there's a product you're deciding will I or won't I. Once this ends you can't get these items again.  This of course spurred me on and I ended up with three new stamps sets as I just couldn't decided yes or no.  Remember too that for each $100 sale you can choose a free limited release stamp set from the Sale-A-Bration catalogue.

I was so disappointed when some friends from home couldn't come for a visit, as I had thought out a whole lot of stamping things to do, but in the end I just sat down and did some myself. I played around with two of the Sale-A-Bration sets, the Punch Bunch and the Sweet Summer.











I can't decide what I really think of these Punch Bunch 'Happy Birthday' cards. I think these colours tend to lend themselves to a more masculine side of things, which for me is good as I sometimes struggle to find good male colour combinations. The Pacific Point, Red Red and Pear Pizzazz here work really well together, especially with the Celebrations dsp.  I'm just not so sure whether or not it's a little too busy. My boys like the one with the three punched squares but my thoughts on either are still out. So let me know what you think.

Stamp Set/s: Sweet Summer(Sale-A-Bration), Punch Bunch (Sale-A-Bration, Occasional Quotes (Hostess Set)
Inks:  Concord Crush, Poppy Parade, Pear Pizzazz, Peach Parfait, Blushing Bride, Cake Crumb, Real Red, Pacific Point
Cardstock & DSP: Peach Parfait, Blushing Bride, Bashful Blue, Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White, Celebrations DSP
Tools & Embellishments:  Paper Cutter, Bone Folder, Snail Adhesive, Dimensionals, Paper Snips & Blender Pen, Square Scallop Punch, Pacific Point Ribbon.

1 comment: