Friday, March 18, 2011

A punchy difference.

I need a card for a 4 year old birthday party and really wanted to try out something a little different. So here it is. I happened upon a card by Kathy at Stampin Still and I absolutely loved it and knew I had to give it a go.  So it is a CASE of her work. I stayed with the same colour palette but used the Pun Fun rocket and changed the ribbon a little. I've left some space below the rocket to stamp a sentiment when I decide which one I wish to use.

I then went on to experiment using different colours and tried out the different embossing folders, and particularly like the Cuttlebug numbers embossing folder for birthday cards.  The technique is easier than it looks. Using three circle punches - I used the 3/4 ", 1"& 1-1/4" (IB&C p164),  punch out circles in two different cardstocks - the number you'll need depends on the size of your card.  Stick them onto the whsiper white cardstock square using glue - I just used a glue stick, in a random manner. Let some overhang and trim off the edges.  After they're dry, run them through the Sizzix machine using whichever embossing  folder you like and then set about mouting the rest of the card.  I am amazed at how it does all look like one piece of cardstock when it's all put together. The stamp set I used for the rocket card was Pun Fun (IB&C p48) and the cakes are a part of the Fun & Fast Notes (IB&C p46).  I added colour to both stamped images using the markers. 

Stamp Set/s: Fun & Fast Notes, Pun Fun
Inks:  Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Basic Gray, Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry, Cake Crumb
Cardstock: Basic Black; Basic Gray, Old Olive, Cake Crumb, Very Vanilla, Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, Whisper White & Metallic Silver (not SU but available from me)Whisper White; Pink Pirouette, Green Galore, Pale Plum, Only Orange, Purple (not SU)
Tools & Embellishments:  Paper Cutter, Bone Folder, Snail Adhesive, Dimensionals, Glue Stick, Paper Snips,  Circle Punches 3/4 ", 1"& 1-1/4", Kindy Glitz, Sizzix Big Shot Machine, Polka Dot, Hearts & Numbers Embossing Folders & Grosgrain Ribbon - Old Olive & Rich Razzleberry.

Give these a go when you get a chance and email me a photo as I'd love to add them to my blog to show other people! Enjoy the weekend. 

1 comment: