Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Asian Artistry

I've come to meet a couple of lovely stampers over the past week and we decided to get together and make a couple of cards using our favourite retired product. I found it hard to choose as I like so many that unfortunately are unavailable now.  I ended up choosing the Asian Artistry set which is a retired hostess gift from a mini last year.

 I especially love this bamboo and bird as it lends itself to so many cards.  I don't know why but I do find it quite a relaxing image as well, so much so that I've made a similar one which I have framed.


The blossoms are stunning up close and it was fun to be able to use the markers to colour parts individually before I stamped. I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out.  I hope the two birthday people who receive these this week are as happy with them as I am.

Enjoy.

Stamp Set/s: Asian Artistry
Inks:  Ballet Blue, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Rose Red, Lovely Lilac
Cardstock and Paper: Ballet Blue, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Rose Red, Lovely Lilac, Whisper White & Craft
Tools & Embellishments:  Paper cutter, bone folder, adhesive, paper snips, clear block D, scallop edge punch, various ribbons, Kaisercraft brad and rub ons.

1 comment:

  1. I love the bamboo bird card I can totally see why you would have framed one up.

    ReplyDelete