Sunday, April 10, 2011

Rainy days = more crafting time!

Well over the past few days I've been guilty of complaining about the rain, and normally I wouldn't do this however 14 days in a row, a day of sunshine and now we're back to rain. It's enough to drive you crazy. But it does mean I get a little more time to sit and create, so here's what I ended up with today.

Another Just Add Ink challenge, which this week was a inspiration challenge.  Using this photo we had to create something.   It could have been the theme, colour or anything else that could be thought up.  I decided I'd go with the colours and add a couple of flowers too.


So now after a few attempts I decided to create a flower based card, but that somehow incorporated the red and white strips and I think these are the real stand outs in the photo.  I folded and folded until I worked out a cute bouquet wrapping, just like we all get when we're lucky enough to get - or buy fresh flowers.  To make the strips I actually cut 5mm strips of real red cardstock and then evenly spaced and glued them onto a piece of whisper white.  The flowers are made using the large scallop circle, which I then cut slighty before adding one of the smaller flowers from the Boho Blossoms punch.  I popped brads in to make the centres, added ribbon and a couple of rhinestones.  I have purposly not added a sentiment as I am yet to decide on whether this will end up a Mother's Day card or a birthday card.

So here it is - let me know what you think.


Cardstock and Paper: Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, Garden Green  & Whisper White
Tools & Embellishments:  Paper Cutter, Bone Folder, Snail Adhesive, Paper Snips, Large Circle Scallop Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Red Red Spotted Ribbon, Green Grosgrain Ribbon, 8mm Circle Brads and Rhinestones.

Hope it's a sunny day tomorrow!



4 comments:

  1. Oh I like this one, very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I love your bouquet of flowers and great take on the challenge Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very bright and fun Julie. I love the idea of wrapping up the bouquet - you've made the colours work really well together.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete