Thursday, April 7, 2011

Welcome baby James!


Friends of ours who live in Perth had a baby boy last week and I wanted to make a card using the Baby Bundle stamp set (IB&C p 56) as I haven't used it before.

I like the idea of having the pram and being able to bundle into it any items I liked. I choose the teddy bear, rattle and bottle and then added the booties to the handle.

I water coloured the image using the ink pads and a blender pen, scalloped some blue cardstock and then versamark stamps some heart on the crumb cardstock.  I used the sentiments from the same set and punched them out with the oval punch and then mounted it onto the oval scallop.  I added a couple of little brads for colour as well as some dots around the scallop.  All in all I'm really happy with how the final product looks. I hope they like it!

Stamp Set/s: Baby Bundle
Inks:  Chocolate Chip, Pear Pizzazz, Ballet Blue, VersaMark, Basic Black
Cardstock and Paper: Ballet Blue & Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz, Subtle Collection DSP
Tools & Embellishments:  Paper Cutter, Bone Folder, Snail Adhesive, Paper Snips Clear Block C & D, oval punch, scallop oval punch, scallop border punch, paper piercing set & brads.

5 comments:

  1. Julie this is just to sweet and adorable thanks for joining in our fun at Betty Bees Buzz.
    Hugs
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, what a cute stamp set! Love your coloring too! Great job! thanks for sharing at Betty Bee's Buzz!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious card, and one that baby James and his family will treasure forever! Your design and coloring is wonderful!! Thank you for sharing it with us at BettyBee's Buzz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I *heart* paper piercing! Your card is very sweet; thak you for playing along with us at Betty Bee's Buzz :)

    ReplyDelete