Monday, May 16, 2011

Fly butterfly fly.

I had been meaning to make a card to enter the SUO challenge # 18 - In celebration of butterflies - this week and realised about an hour ago it closes today!

 It had to be a quick card to make, so here it is.

I finally used my Sizzix Beautiful Butterflies die, which is how the butterfly was created.  It was so easy to run through the machine, with the hardest decision being what colour to make it! I then ran the die cut through an embossing folder to create a more textured effect.  The stamped 'for you' comes from the Great Friend set (IB&C p84).


I'm really pleased with the way the card turned out, and was also pleased for a change to make a card in less than 20 minutes, rather than pondering over one for hours, if not day!

I hope you're enjoying your day - Julie

Stamp Set/s: Great Friend
Inks:  Riding Hood Red. 
Cardstock and Paper: So Saffron, Riding Hood Red, Bashful Blue and Washington Apple dsp (retired)
Tools & Embellishments:  Paper cutter, bone folder, adhesive, paper snips, clear block D, Sizzix beautiful butterflies bigz die, embossing folder.

1 comment:

  1. I love the embossing on the butterfly! Thanks for playing SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete