Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Happy Mother's Day with flowers included. JAI #66.

 
 
This week the girls at Just Add Ink decided that with Mothers Day not far away, the challenge should be about flower to our projects. I was excited about this particular challenge as I wanted to try out a new card called a tri-shutter card.  Having started it though I did wonder if I would get it finished in time to add it to the challenge - I think I've just made it!
 
This card was a challenge to make, particularly as I haven't made it before.  It involved a lot of measuring, scoring and a whole lot of cutting.  You begin by making the card base, then cut the paper to fit into the spaces, then embellish with the stamped images and punched leaves.  I used the Cottage Garden set (IB&C p 75) which is this weeks Deals of Week and only $14.97 for the clear mount set - which is the one I used. 

As it is for a Mother for Mother's Day I choose to use the Wondeful Favourites sentiments (IB&C p 102).

The flowers on the left hand side are mounted onto the 5 petal flower punch, and I added a pearl to the middle of all of them.  I stamped and hand cut the butterflies and added the antenae with a black marker.



It took me a while to make but I do so love the way it ended up looking!  I am a little unhappy with these particular photos due to taking them so late in the day - with any luck I'll have a chance to take better ones tomorrow and will repost them.

I hope you like it - Julie

Stamp Set/s: Cottage Garden (clear mount), Wonderful Favourites
Inks:  Peach Parfait, Wild Wasabi, Tangerine Tango, Guava (retired), Basic Black marker. 
Cardstock and Paper: Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi & Whisper White; paper SU & unknown
Tools & Embellishments:  Paper cutter, bone folder, adhesive, sticky strip, paper snips, clear block D, 5 petal flower punch, bird punch, & Kaisercraft pearls.

6 comments:

  1. This is truly a labour of love resulting in a work of art. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, this is GORGEOUS!! You've done a beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was well worth the effort Julie. You've done a wonderful job. The flowers frame your sentiment beautifully.
    Kim (JAI)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful trishutter card Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never wound up the courage to make one of these but you did! This is beautiful...I love the colors and your choice of stamp sets is perfect. Wonderful job and thanks for stopping by my blog today and leaving such a nice comment. I'm following you now too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally gorgeous julie auntie Kim will love it!

    ReplyDelete