Thursday, June 9, 2011

Bird Punch - Tulips & Roses


While doing a little blog hopping when I was sick I came across a few card images of tulips and roses made using the wing of the Two-Step Bird Punch IB&C p 146.  I decided it was something I needed to try and here's the result.

To make the tulip flower all you need to do is punch out three wings using the Two-Step Bird Punch and making sure that the rounded parts of the wings are facing inwards attach them using a 2-way glue pen. I did try using a snail / double sided tape but it's too fiddly to work well.  The stems of the tulips are also from the same punch - the stem part with the little leaves chopped off.  The photos blurry, I know, but it still shows you what they look like close up!

If you'd rather make the rose bud - sorry I haven't taken any photos yet, simply turn the rounded part of the wing to the outside, use the stem again but add some of the cut off leaves to the middle of the stems.

After I'd made the flowers and placed them onto the cardstock and then the card blank I decided the colourings weren't quite right so added the circle which looks a little like a sun.  There's a little paper piercing around the top and bottom corners and I added some gingham ribbon as a bow.

Enjoy Julie

Cardstock and Paper: Real Red, Yoyo Yellow, Green Galore, Cake Crumb
Tools & Embellishments:  Paper cutter, bone folder, adhesive, paper snips, Two-Step Bird Punch, real red gingham ribbon, paper piercing tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment