Monday, June 6, 2011

Just Add Ink's 70th Round Challenge

This week over at JAI the challenge is to create a round card.  The inspiration sketch we got for the card was this one -

I've not done many round cards before so thought I'd give it a go and as Noah has a 4th birthday party to go to for a little girl Hannah who loves pink and all things flowers.  We thought these colours would be about perfect for her.

I used the scallop circles nestabilities to cut out the circles, then scored the top back one to make sure the card would stand up. I found a coordinating paper (brand unknown) and then just kept adding bits until I was happy.  The owl is the Stampin Up punch which I have decided is one of the most versatile punches ever made.



The nest is made using the Stampin Up bird punch leave and again I've added crystal effects to the number to make it stand out. 

Cheers Julie

Cardstock and Paper: Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Chocolate Chip; various papers
Tools & Embellishments:  Paper cutter, bone folder, adhesive, paper snips, Spellbinders Nestabilities standard scallops, Owl punch, scallop edge border punch, chipboard 4, crystal effects,  various circle punches, scallop border punch, Kaisercraft flower rhinestone, goggle eyes.

7 comments:

  1. I love this one I'll have one just like it for my next bday please! Only I'm going to need a much bigger number than a 4!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, Hannah will just love this!! Love your colours, the googly eyes (smile) and those lovely yellow ruffles. Delightful!
    Kim (Just Add Ink)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, this is GORGEOUS! Love the girliness of it, and the little owl is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so bright and sunny and very cute. Thanks for playing along with the sketch at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THat owl is awesome!!! Love the colours and the eyes! Scallop trim is wonderful too!!! Such a great pic! SMiles SHArnee :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this bright and fun card. I'm sure Hannah will too. Your owl is such a cutie, and love your yellow ruffles. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete