Wednesday, August 31, 2011

An Array of Sunshine thoughts.


I'm a member of a group that provides support to families when they go through the loss of a loved baby lost to miscarriage and today I received a request to make some cards for a family who have suffered another shocking loss. They know that their little angel was a girl so I needed a card that was quick to pull together as I needed to get it over to the hospital this afternoon.

I used the new Array of Sunshine set which is a new Hostess set available tomorrow when the new Idea Book & Catalogue launches.

The base cardstock is Pink Pirourette. I stamped using my stamp-a-ma-jig the dots from a retired Polka Dots set as the area wasn't quite filled with one stamping, then added the large flower which I had stamped onto Whisper White cardstock and cut out, stamping the centre twice so that I could do a fussy cut giving the 3D look. Using the scalloped border punch I added a little more at the bottom and finished it off with some white grosgrain.  The sentiment is from the Teeny Tiny Tags (IB&C p 105).

Enjoy  - Julie

Stamp Set/s: Array of Sunshine, Teeny Tiny Tags
Inks: Whisper White (craft), Calypso Coral
Cardstock and Paper: Whisper White, Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade, Pink Pirouette
Tools & Embellishments:  Paper cutter, bone folder, snail adhesive, dimensionals, paper snips, clear block D, .border punch, 1/4" white grosgrain ribbon, stamp-a-ma-jig.

1 comment: