Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Christmas Card for our Aussie Troops.

Who will you be spending Christmas with this year? I know I've very pleased that I will be lucky enough to spend it with my family, but being a part of a service family I do know that there will be families who have members serving in our Armed Forces who won't be able to do this.  It's only a small thing but each and every year Stampin Up are involved in helping send loved ones wishes over the Christmas period through homemade Christmas cards which are made by avid crafters in their own time.

The way it works is people either individually or as working parties make as many homemade Christmas cards as they are able to, and pass them onto a representative who is then able to hand them to a base - in my case RAAF Williamtown, and the cards are then transported to our serving members. They are distributed to these members who then send them back to their families in Australia, giving them a little something to make Christmas the special time it is. 

So I guess my plea to all my crafting network is PLEASE make some cards as I can assure you living amongst a large serving member community that these cards will hold a very special place in the lives of those who are here in Australia without their husbands or wives.

On Wednesday 26th October a group of people lead by Tracey will hold the yearly working bee hoping to add to the card numbers which need to reach 4000 in order to meet the number of serving members.  To date we have around 500.  This event will be held on RAAF Williamtown base so if you are free on this date please email me for more details.  We all do understand that due to this being a day event a number of either Mums with little ones or working can't attend so I am holding three separate nights at my home where you can pop in to make some cards with me. 

The cards need to be completed by the 27th October, so if you are able to help make some please email me for my address as they will need to be posted to me well before this date. 

There are no rules about the cards made, except that they need to be handmade and include envelopes.  When you send them to me would you please place them into a glad seal type bag labelled with the number of cards in the bags.  You don't have to use only SU products, that's not what this is about.  If you would like to pop your own insigna on your cards which includes as address or email that's fine as well as quite often the recipients like to thank the people who made the cards.

1 comment:

  1. What a great cause! Will be sending a few your way to add to the collection to go os.

    ReplyDelete