Friday, August 19, 2011

Crikey he's 5 already - Happy Birthay.


It's hard to believe but Noah's favourite friend in the world, and our old neighbour - Michael - turned 5.  Where on earth has all that time gone, we remember vividly the 3rd birthday party which I might add only seemed months ago.

We hadn't been back to Canberra since our move in January, and although we've seen our friends a few times since then, I really needed to go back for a visit. What better reason that a birthday party.

This years theme was Bindi - the jungle girl, but I couldn't find inspiration in that so I went with one of the cutest stamp sets the Make A Monster (IB&C p 62).  There is so much scope for the imagination. 

The monsters are all stamped using the basic black ink as it is waterproof and doesn't smudge or bleed once it's dry.  I then used the aqua painter brush and ink pads to colour in the monsters.  A couple of brads were added to the card to give it a little something extra.


Enjoy - Julie

Stamp Set/s: Make A Monster
Inks:  Bashful Blue, Old Olive, Pumpkin Patch, Basic Black. 
Cardstock and Paper: Whisper White, Bashful Blue, cardstock I can't remember the name of!
Tools & Embellishments:  Paper cutter, bone folder, adhesive, paper snips, clear block D, aqua painter, brads (available from me)

No comments:

Post a Comment