Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sail Away JAI Colour Challenge #81

Over at Just Add Ink the challenge this week was a colour one.  Bron has provided us with this interesting colour combo!

These are definitely not colours that I would ever have thought of using in a combination but I am so thrilled with how my card turned out.  I decided to get a start on Father's Day cards as it's just around the corner and Ive had a couple people ask me to make them one.

The stamp I used is called Sail Away and it was an al a carte from the last mini.  I believe it is not available now but the Seaworthy set (IB&C p79) has a nautical theme very similar.  There is also a new male oriented set available in the new 2011-2012 Idea Book & Catalogue which is now available to purchase.

The card base is embossed with the Square Lattice folder (IB&C p157), then I simply added three strips of cardstock in the cajun, peach and blue.  The image was stamped onto Very Vanilla and I used an Aqua Painter (IB&C p147) to water colour the sailing ship. The Happy Father's Day sentiment is from my favourite Teeny Tiny Tag set (IB&C p105).
 
Once I had the ideas tucked away it was a really quick and simple card.

Enjoy - Julie

Stamp Set/s: Sail Away, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Inks: Basic Black, Cajun Craze, Peach Parfait, Bashful Blue. 
Cardstock and Paper: Very Vanilla, Cajun Craze, Peach Parfait, Bashful Blue
Tools & Embellishments:  Paper cutter, bone folder, adhesive, paper snips, Sizzix Big Shot Machine, square lattice embossing folder, clear block D, aqua painter.

1 comment:

  1. A lovely father's day card. I like how you have layered the different coloured cardstock behind your main image. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete