Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Little Bit of Magic.

Noah's made a very best friend at school this year - Grace, who he just adores and having watched them at school and in social events I believe it's a reciprocal thing!  Grace attends the same preschool as Noah and just recently turned 4.  She had a lovely little party with only 5 other friends -  we loved the laid back affair - and of course our boy was the only male representation there.  He's a ladies man I am sure.

I asked Noah to find out from Grace what she'd like as a present and he came home saying - "Grace loves all things Princess and Fairy Mum".  So the choice of stamp set was an easy one.

This stamp set is called A Little Bit of Magic and I am not sure it was ever released in Australia.  I do have a knack for that - falling for stamp sets not available to my customers!  I would happily stamp out some images for anyone who'd like some for the small cost of the cardstock and postage.

I choose to use the In Colour range of making this card as I haven't used it much even though it's now been around for 12 months.  I used the Blushing Bride as the actual card base then layered it with Concord Crush cardstock, Blushing Bride dsp and more Concord cardstock.  The fairy is stamped onto Whisper White using the Basic Black Ink - again as this does not bleed when water coloured. 

I used the Aqua Painter (IB&C p 143) and Blushing Bride, Poppy Parade, Cake Crumb, Garden Green, Concord Crush and Daffodil Delight Ink pads to water colour the image.  I was so happy with how it turned out. I used a little Dazzling Diamond (IB&C p 141) on the fairy wings for a shimmer effect.  The brads I used are not SU - but are available from me, and the ribbon is the 1/2" stitched-poly ribbon in Concord Crush (IB&C p 136).  I finally conquered the no tie bow as well on this card which I was thrilled about.

To add a little more interest on the inside of the card I added the smaller fairy which I stamped and fussy cut.  She was also water coloured in the same theme colours.  After making this card I have definitely decided I need to make better use of the current In Colour range, especially as next month there's 5 more coming!

Enjoy  - Julie

Stamp Set/s: A Little Bit of Magic
Inks:  Blushing Bride, Poppy Parade, Cake Crumb, Garden Green, Concord Crush, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black. 
Cardstock and Paper: Blushing Bride, Concord Crush, Whisper White, Blushing Bride dsp
Tools & Embellishments:  Paper cutter, bone folder, adhesive, paper snips, clear block D, brads (available from me), poly-stitched ribbon in Concord Crush and Dazzling Diamonds.

No comments:

Post a Comment