Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Little Treat - JAI 82 - Just add something from your STASH!

I so loved this weeks challenge by the Just Add Ink team.

The challenge was to rummage through all those items we crafters buy with the thought of using and then pop them onto the work table where they get lost, or at the bottom of the craft cupboard only to wonder where they are.  I went through my somewhat vast collection of stamp sets to see what I would like to create with and came across the A Little Treat clear mount set which is an amazing $15.95 (IB&C p43 ) seeing that I'd obviously not go a lot of use out of this set as I hadn't even mounted it!  I was also inspired by a new customer who just purchased this set from me - so thanks Jo!

It was a super fun card to make though looking at it now I would add a little secret compartment to the back of where the smarties are as the only way to get these out from this card will be to tear the front off!  I've since made another couple with little pull out sections which I'll post the instructions for soon.

The trick to these cards which use the treat cups (IB&C p126) really is in the coordinating punches. I tried to make my first few without it and it took me ages to line them all up. I didn't have the large circle punch as I've not needed it for anything else as yet - but I OWN it now. I made making these cards so much easier and faster.

The dsp I used is a retiring one - Celebrations - which I am very sad about as I have made some amazing cards and scrap layouts with it as it's so bright and cheery. Lucky for me I did buy a few spare sets to stash away for later use. You still have 24 hours to grab yours before the current Idea Book & Catalogue ends so email me if you need to grab some too.




The stamped Happy Birthday sentiment is from the Party This Way clear mount set (IB&C p39) and I used the window and modern label punches (IB&C p150) to finish it all off.  The light blue rhinestones which match the Bashful Blue ink are Kaisercraft.

Let me know what you think by leaving me a comment!

Enjoy - Julie

Stamp Set/s: A Little Treat, Party This Way
Inks: Chocolate Chip, Pacific Point (marker), Real Red 
Cardstock and Paper: Whispher White, Real Red, Bashful Blue, Old Olive, Celebrations dsp
Tools & Embellishments:  Paper cutter, bone folder, snail adhesive, dimensionals, paper snips, clear block D, .1-3/4" circle punch, window punch, modern label punch, 1/4" white grosgrain ribbon, paper piercing kit, treat cups and of course SMARTIES.

3 comments:

  1. Julie I love this bright and fun card. I hate to say it but I too have this set, still unmounted! You can't go past a bargain though can you lol.

    Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, this is a great card. As much as I like this set, I just knew that it would sit unused in my stash. I'm pleased I was able NOT to buy it as I have many, many others that are about to retire without having been inked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and bright card Julie! Thanks for playing along with us this week Julie!

    ReplyDelete