Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Cute by the Inch -PDCC #97- Add a splash of red!

This wonderful challenge suited me really well as I needed to make 13 cards using a certain sketch for our deomonstrator swaps and I hoped to do a black and white card for something different.  I stumbled upon Play Date Cafe by looking through another friend's blog. I'm so pleased I found it and can't wait to do some of their challenges.

Challenge #97 was a Color Splash Week again using black and white, and a splash is RED. 


The stamp set I used for this is called Cute by the Inch and was a hostess set that retired just last month.  I stamped two different images onto Whisper White cardstock using Basic Black ink.  Then punched them out using the 1 1/4 and 1 3/8 square punches (IB&C p 154),which I then layered and stuck together with my snail.  I stuck them onto a Whisper White card base and attached some Basic Black grosgrain ribbon, making a bow and using a red brad as my splash of red. Simple but perfect!






Now I just have to make another 13 and my swaps are done!

Enjoy - Julie

Stamp Set/s: Cute by the Inch
Inks: Basic Black
Cardstock and Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black
Tools & Embellishments:  Paper cutter, bone folder, snail adhesive, paper snips, clear block D, modern grosgrain ribbon, red brad.

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely design, Julie...love the images and the sweet bow, with just the faintest splash of red! Perfectly elegant! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! I love the simple design with the beautiful floral panels! Great use of a splash:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very happy to have you at The Play Date Cafe this week with a beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete