Monday, September 12, 2011

I spent Friday morning listening for the doorbell to ring avidly awaiting my newest arrival of Stampin Up goodies and supplies. I'd put off my order for a few weeks as I was waiting until we could order our demonstrator pre-release set from the new mini catalogue which will be released on the 1st October.  There are some great items coming out in this release.

Finally when I'd complete my list of items I reached the level where I was able to tap into the Hostess Benefits and this time around I decided to go with two new stamp sets. I choose the Happiest Birthday Wishes (IB&C p.8) clear mount set and the Posy Punch clear mount set (IB&C p.9). I mounted them straight away and am putting both sets to good use.

Wishing for a few more cards to add to my donation for the Little Angel Memory Boxes (LAMB) auction - more information to come in a later post, I made this birthday card.


The card base is Whisper White, and I mounted some corrugated cardstock in Cake Crumb to it, then the strips of cardstock.  The balloons are from the Party This Way set (IB&C p.39). Each was fussy cut and then mounted onto the card using dimensionals. The metallic thread was from my local kids craft store and I found by cutting three lengths the same and tying one end into a bow before I tried to glue dot them down was the easiest and less painful way of getting it to stay attached. Try doing this before you attach the balloons as you can use the same dimensional!

The sentiment was from the new Happiest Birthday Wishes and I punched it out using an Oval punch (IB&C p.152) which is then layered onto the Decoratve Label punch (IB&C p.150). 

This is a great card as it could be used as a gift card or could be adapted to being an invitation.

Enjoy Julie

Stamp Set/s: Happiest Birthday Wishes, Party This Way
Inks: Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Brilliant Blue, Daffodil Delight
Cardstock and Paper: Whisper White, Cake Crumb, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Brilliant Blue, Daffodil Delight
Tools & Embellishments:  Paper cutter, bone folder, snail adhesive, dimensionals, glue dots, paper snips, clear block D, designer label and oval punches, metallic thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment