Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Love defined - Thinking of You

Through the marvels of Facebook and through doing Volunteer Work connected to our local hospital, I have been fortunate enough to come across a wonderful charity called Little Angels Memory Boxes.  They donate Memory Boxes and Memory Bags to hospitals for families who suffer the heartbreak of losing a baby or child, as well as providing a support system.  If you haven't heard of them check them out, they are wonderful.

Having been through the unfortunate turmoil of loosing a little angel - our daughter Addison last year - I was instantly drawn to doing what I could to assist in fundraising.  The charity works mainly through people's kind donations of either bags or boxes which they can donate in memory of their special angel. 

I contacted one of the girls Laura and said that I had a whole lot of craft items I would happily donate which I am now in the process of getting together, and then I noticed they were having another one of their auctions in a few weeks. I talked with a group of friends and asked what they thought about donating some hand stamped cards and they all said they thought it would be a nice idea. So I've spent the past few nights making some cards to put together in a pack. Once I'm done I'll add some more photos and pop the link the the auction on my blog.

One of the cards I did make last night was this one using the Love Defined set which I think it really cute.  The tree was stamped using Old Olive Ink and I then hand cut it out.  The little bird and the flower are from the Itty Bitty Bits set (IB&C p 87) and they are stamped in Real Red and Pumpkin Pie and are both punched out using the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Set (IB&C p 152).

The hills in Old Olive I free cut and paper pierced. Everything was then stuck onto Baja Breeze cardstock, mounted onto Chocolate Chip. Finally the card base is Whisper White and I ran it through the Square Lattice Embossing Folder (IB&C p157) for a little more dimension. All was added to the card base and I stamped the sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Sentiments and punched it out using the Window Punch.


Enjoy - Julie

Stamp Set/s: Love Defined, Itty Bitty Bits, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Inks: Basic Black, Old Olive, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie
Cardstock and Paper: Whisper White, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze
Tools & Embellishments:  Paper cutter, bone folder, snail adhesive, paper snips, clear block D, paper piercing kit, window punch, itty bitty shape punches.

No comments:

Post a Comment