Friday, October 28, 2011

Christmas Card Challenges Week #47

Another new challenge site for me and one I so wish I'd found around July, then I wouldn't be rushing to make my own Christmas cards! 

The challenge site is aptly named Christmas Card Challenges and their challenge this week is:


I'm in the midst of trying to make some cards using a new set that was launched in the latest catalogue this August called Beautiful Season, so I decided to use the recipe to make them.

I started by stamping the large bird and holly image onto Whisper White cardstock where I then used my ink pads and aqua painter to water colour it.  The colours I used were Basic Black - which is permanent water resistent ink, Cake Crumb, Marina Mist, Cherry Cobbler and Handsome Hunter. It took some time but I'm happy with the end result.

The card base is Cake Crumb, scored to be a 14cm square. For the two designer papers I used the Regals Pack in Cherry Cobbler and Marina Mist.  The Cobbler is the larger and I've used two pieces of satin ribbon to form a present wrapping look.  I used a scallop square die and my BigShot machine to die cut the image out before paper piercing the border and mounting it onto the square of Marina Mist dsp.

After playing with the image I decided it looked better not mounted on straight so that's how it ended up. I did mount it with dimensionals to raise it. 

Finally the bow was tied out of the same satin ribbon and mounted using a glue dot.



Enjoy - Julie

Stamp Set/s: Beautiful Season
Inks: Basic Black, Cake Crumb, Marina Mist, Cherry Cobbler, Handsome Hunter
Cardstock and Paper: Whisper White, Cake Crumb, Marina Mist, Cherry Cobbler
Tools & Embellishments:  Paper cutter, bone folder, snail adhesive, dimensionals, glue dots, paper snips, scallop square die, paper piercing kit, stain ribbon.





1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card Julie. This is one of the new sets that caught my eye too, it's lovely isn't it.

    ReplyDelete