Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Happy Halloween - Dutch Dare Card Challenge #135 & SUO Challenge #30

Variety is the spice of life especially when it comes to crafting, so this morning I did a goggle search for some card challenges. I stumbled on upon one I've never participated in called Dutch Dare Card Challenges so I've decided to give it a go. It's a colour challenge this week using this photo.
What amazing colours. As soon as I saw them I thought Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, Basic Black, Whisper White, Real Red and Glorious Green. Then the connection ta da - Halloween.

We are having some Halloween celebrations in the area we live next week and Noah is really excited about it and has already decided to be a super hero! He's so cute. 

I've stamped some images to use to make some little treat bags which also fits into the SUO Challenge # 30- Treats are a Treat! I couldn't put them together until today as I could only find my jellybeans yesterday.  They're made using the new 1" x 8" skinny treat bags that have only yet been released in the Stampin' Up! USA catalogue ( If you're interested just email me ).  They are perfect for these type of events and school presents.

The card is made using the witch stamp from the Tag Time set (retired). She's stamped in Basic Black onto Whisper White cardstock, punched out using the 1 3/4 circle punch and then mounted onto a scallop circle punch. I coloured her in using the markers in Pumpkin Pie and Red Red inks.  I added a touch of Dazzling Diamond glitter to make her sparkle.  From the base of the card there is Basic Black, Summer Sun, Metallic Silver and Pumpkin Pie textured cardstock which I ran through my Bigshot machine using a Cuttlebug pumpkin embossing folder.  All of it was stuck down with my snail adhesive and before adding the witch I attached a piece of ribbon. She's so cute!   


The treat bags I love!  They are so versatile and I can see I am going to use them for so many different things.  I again used the witch from the Tag Time set and the pumpkin also from the same set, and then found the little eeek! spider from the Tags So Much set.  The witch was stamped with Chocolate Chip ink and then coloured with markers, and the pumpkin and spider I hand coloured using markers before stamping all on Whisper White cardstock.  All of the images were then punched out using the 1 1/4" circle punch, layered onto a circle punched from the 1 3/4" circle punch and then finally onto the scallop circle. I then had to try and get the jellybeans into the bags which for the first few were a little tricky - but I succeded in the end and now have 45 of them to provide it! The embellishments were stuck onto the bags with one glue dot. I hope the little people in the area like them, though as my biggest fan Noah does I guess the first doesn't matter.



I hope you like them as much as I do.

Enjoy - Julie

Stamp Set/s: Tag Time, Tags So Much
Inks: Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Glorious Green
Cardstock and Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Glorious Green
Tools & Embellishments:  Paper cutter, bone folder, snail adhesive, glue dots, paper snips, BigShot machine, Cuttlebug pumpkin embossing folder, 1 1/4" & 1 3/4" circle punches, scallop circle punch, dazzling diamonds glitter, skinny treat bags, ribbon.



4 comments:

  1. Very cute idea! Thanks for joining us on SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute - I didn't even think to use jelly beans in the bags - great idea! Thanks for joining us this week at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so fun! I love the color from the jellybeans in the bags. These little bags are awesome! So glad you joined us at SUO Challenges this week!

    Jen Timko

    ReplyDelete
  4. How super sweet and simple! LOVE it! Thanks for joining the SUO challenge!

    ReplyDelete