Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Rudolph's got a red nose - Sparkly & Bright

In amongst making card examples and a personal stack for the Cards for the Troops, I realised I hadn't started any of my own Christmas cards this year. So keeping the train of thought and the production lines going I've been making a couple cards the same or similar to add to my pile.


I missed buying the Sparkly & Bright set in the retired list but was fortunate that my up line manager had a brand new set she didn't want so I bought it off her. I am so pleased I did as I love it.

These cards as made using the reindeer stamp and sentiment only and are super fast as the reindeer are stamped straight onto the cardstock using Early Espresso Ink and a marker in Real Red.  Lining up the reindeer wasn't as hard as I thought it would be as I just lined the wooden block up with the edge of the card blank and then used a ruler to do the top line.

The sentiment is stamped using Real Red, punched using the Decorative Label Punch and then mounted onto a strip of left over Real Red cardstock.  It comes together really quickly and looks great.



I played around with some layouts to produce a couple of variations.

Enjoy - Julie

Stamp Set/s: Sparkly & Bright
Inks: Early Espresso, Real Red
Cardstock and Paper: Whisper White, Real Red,
Tools & Embellishments:  Paper cutter, bone folder, snail adhesive, paper snips, designer label punch, paper piercing kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment