Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A sneak peek at some of my Cards for the Troops for Williamtown

Tomorrow there are a group of crafty people meeting at the Williamtown Air Force Base, here in Newcastle to make a multitude of Christmas cards for our Troops serving overseas.  Having not been involved before I'm not sure how the day works, but I am looking forward to being involved.

 I have been asked to demonstrate some cards so I decided over the weekend and yesterday that I'd best make up some examples. The challenge has been to try to make some that don't take too long and don't require too many products to produce as I know cardstock is supplied but I am unsure what else is! I've already started packing my bits and bobs though so I've added in most of the bits I think we need to recreate my cards.


This set used the Sparkly & Bright wood mount set, which I am sad to say retired in August but is so functional and I love. The little reindeer are stamped with Early Espresso ink and one has his nose coloured in using a Red Red marker. They are stamped straight onto the Whisper White card blank and I then used the sentiment from the same set which was punched out using the Decorative Label Punch and all stuck onto a strip of Red Real cardstock. I added a couple of brads which I had to create a little more wow.



Sad to admit but another set I've had stashed away and not used for a long time - Peaceful Wishes also retired. These were also stamped straight onto the Whisper White card blanks. I used Old Olive and Green Galorefor the pine needle branches (I like the Old Olive much better!), and Chocolate Chip for the pinecones. The sentiment is from the Contempo Christmas set (IB&C p 25) and stamped in Red Real Ink. I added some bow on top of the pinecones using various ribbons and glue dots.


Here's another card made using the Peaceful Wishes pine needle brances and the sentiment. This was a super fast card to make.

Enjoy - Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment