Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Welcome to the world Baby Ella.

A colleague and close friend Annette from Canberra found out she was pregnant earlier in the year, about 10 weeks before we found out we were expecting our little man.  It's been great having someone to talk to about those nigely little things!

At exactly 10 weeks apart I was thinking it'll be nice as we had planned a trip to Canberra so I knew around the time this little one was due I would get to meet them - we didn't know if this little one was blue or pink until she came. Due to a few issues baby Ella entered the world 5 weeks before her due date and spent a few weeks in the hospital but I am pleased to say is home now with her wonderful Mummy Annette and Daddy Nick.

I felt so privileged that when we were in Canberra for a visit last week we got to go to the hospital to meet baby Ella and it was in fact the first time she was allowed out of the nursery so we got to have a really close look at her. She seemed so tiny to me after having Noah who was a whooper at birth, but oh so cute.

When I was deciding on a card to make I wanted to try something I hadn't done before and of course I'd left it to the last night before we were leaving! I choose to use the Baby Bundle clear mount set (IB&C p 54) and stamped the teddy bear, bottle and bib onto different shades of pink and celery cardstock which I then painstakingly hand cut before sticking them onto a square piece of Whisper White cardstock with an everyday glue stick.

I ran the cardstock through my Bigshot machine using the Square Lattice Embosing Folder (IB&C p 157) making it look like one piece of textured cardstock. This technique does have a fancy name which I can't remember at this time of the morning! When I ran it through I accidently popped the side in upside down so as you can see it's actually indented rather than raised.

The next step was putting all the pieces together. I mounted the embossed piece onto a square of Certainly Celery cardstock and then onto Pink Passion (retired) using my snail adhesive. I then used Certainly Celery
1 1/4" grosgrain ribbon to wrap around the three pieces of cardstock before mounting onto the final card blank which I made from Cake Crumb cardstock.


 Finally I stamped the baby pram onto Whisper White cardstock in Cake Crumb ink and coloured parts in using the markers - Pretty In Pink , Certainly Celery and Pink Passion. To accentuate parts of the pram I used a few brads and tied a bow from the same ribbon. I mounted the stamped image onto Pretty In Pink cardstock and then attached it using a few dimensional and a glue dot for the bow.


I loved the way the final card turned out and was so thrilled that it was well received. Although it was a little fiddley to make I'd certainly do it again!

Enjoy - Julie 

Stamp Set/s: Baby Bundle
Inks: Cake Crumb, Certianly Celery, Pretty In Pink, Passion Pink (retired)
Cardstock and Paper: Whisper White, Cake Crumb, Certianly Celery, Pretty In Pink, Passion Pink
Tools & Embellishments:  Paper cutter, bone folder, snail adhesive, dimensionals, glue dots, paper snips, clear block D, Bigshot machine, square lattice embossing folder, grosgrain ribbon, brads.

No comments:

Post a Comment