Friday, November 11, 2011

Contempo Christmas and Owl Punch Reindeer Fun

I've started my own 12 days of Christmas card making to ensure I actually get my Christmas cards made this year. For some reason even though I have officially more spare time this year I just haven't gotten them made.

After doing some internet hopping I pulled out my two-step owl and bird punches and set to making some little reindeers that I just thought were super cute.

They are so incredibly easy and fast to make which has a high level of appeal to me.

The owl body is punched out in Creamy Caramel which is retired but could easily be substituted with either Crumb Cake or Sahara Sand (I'm just trying to use up excess stocks!), and the antlers are punched out using the branch from the bird punch in Soft Suede.

After that it's as simple as running your adhesive across the back of the head and attaching the antlers, and then either punching out some circle from the owl punch to create eyes or doing as I did and using goggle eyes. A 8mm red brad is used as his nose, though again a punched circle and some crystal effects would be fine.

All the card bases are Very Vanilla as the Whisper White just didn't look right, and I layered Real Red cardstock and the designer series papers on top before attaching the finished reindeer with dimensionals. On some of the cards I also used the snowflake stamp from the Punch Pals (IB&C p26) with VersaMark ink to create a little depth.

The sentiment is from the Contempo Christmas (IB&C p25) set and either stamped in Real Red or on some I embossed them using a VersaMark and silver embossing powder.

I experimented with ribbon on some cards, others I left plain and added additional strips of cardstock. 

Enjoy - Julie

Stamp Set/s: Contempo Christmas, Punch Pals
Inks: Real Red, VersaMark
Cardstock and Paper: Very Vanilla, , Creamy Caramel, Soft Suede, Real Red, Real Red (Brights) DSP
Tools & Embellishments: Paper cutter, bone folder, snail adhesive, dimensionals, paper snips, Two-Step owl and bird punches, silver embossing powder, ribbon, goggle eyes, brads.

No comments:

Post a Comment