Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Contempo Christmas Ornament Bauble Time


I think that the Contempo Christmas set is one of my favourites this year and so versatile in what you can make with it.  I've got such a stash of Christmas papers, some SU and many not so I wanted to show that you can use the Stampin' Up! cardstock and inks to match with other products you may already have like me. It does seem pointless buying more stock when you've got a stash of perfectly good papers!

I worked out which papers I wanted to use firstly and then matched the ink colours with them. For the four cards I made I used Old Olive and Cherry Cobbler which matched perfectly.

All the card bases are the same dimensions as are the papers and the Whisper White and Cherry Cobbler middle sections. I did this so I could minimize the amount of time I spent measuring and cutting!  The sentiments on all four cards are also stamped in Cherry Cobbler ink.



The papers are from a company called Dovecraft, which is an English craft company and I am yet to find a stockist in Australia.  At present I do have some papers available on Ebay of all places - this is to lessen the stash I have and make the DH a little happier!!, and you can find them by searching for Dovecraft and looking for me 'n-bellish.'  I don't have many sets though so once they're gone, they're gone. 

The bauble ornaments are stamped in Old Olive and Cherry Cobbler and then punched out with the ornament punch. I attached the papers, then some ribbon before attaching the middle sections and the baubles on three of the cards. This card just above uses all SU product - Old Olive dsp and ribbon - though the ribbon is retired. It is made in a similar way though I used the scallop border punch for the bottom edge.

I added some rhinestones for the bling and to add a little more dimension to the baubles and sentiments. The silver hanging loops are made from silver thread which I grabbed at a local craft store.

Enjoy - Julie

Stamp Set/s: Contempo Christmas
Inks: Cherry Cobbler
Cardstock and Paper: Whisper White, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive dsp, Dovecraft Christmas papers
Tools & Embellishments: Paper cutter, bone folder, snail adhesive, dimensionals, paper snips, scallop border punch, ornament punch, ribbon, rhinestones.

1 comment:

  1. WOW Julie these Christmas cards look lovely!!!
    Thanks for the sweet comment you left on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete