Friday, November 11, 2011

Hip-Hippo Ray it's a Pun Fun birthday

On the weekend just gone we braved going out into the 35 degree heat so that Noah could attend a friend Ella's 5th birthday party. 

It was held at a park that should it not have been so crazy hot would have been fantastic. I just can't for the life of me understand how parks in Newcastle can't have shade shelters over them.

In any case Noah decided that it would be good to use the Hippo stamp from the Pun Fun set which unfortunately is now retired.  It's a great stamp as it can be used for any age group.

The hippo was stamped onto Whisper White cardstock in Basic Grey.  As I wanted the balloon and the bow different colours I used the marker to colour the hippo. I then used the Pear Pizzazz and the Poppy Parade markers to outline and colour in the other parts.

The base card is the lovely Concord Crush which I added a strip of Pear Pizzazz designer series papers to. For a little more decoration I scalloped the edge of the before attaching it.  The ribbon is the poly stitch Pear Pizzazz which is so easy to use as it's a lovely soft ribbon making bows easier to make and attach!


Each hippo was attached using dimensionals as I wanted them raised off the card base for a little more depth.  The sentiment that is actually on the stamp says Hip-Hippo-Ray, and I stamped this in Pear Pizzazz ink and used the Window Punch to punch it out before adding it to the inside of the card (which I forgot to take a photo of before we gave the card away!).

Enjoy - Julie

Stamp Set/s: Pun Fun
Inks: Basic Grey, Pear Pizzazz, Poppy Parade
Cardstock and Paper: Whisper White, Concord Crush, Pear Pizzazz dsp
Tools & Embellishments: Paper cutter, bone folder, snail adhesive, dimensionals, glue dots, paper snips, window punch, poly stitch ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment