Wednesday, November 16, 2011

JAI #93 Colour Challenge - Season of Joy Christmas

This weeks Just Add Ink challenge is a colour challenge using these colours.

When I looked at the colours I loved them and thought there was no reason I couldn't make a non traditional Christmas card using them. So here it is.

I started with the stamping this time around so I could then work out which colours I wanted to make the mountings and bases.  Using the large stamp from the  Season of Joy set (IB&C p25) I coloured different parts using the Pool Party, Certainly Celery and Melon Mambo markers. 

Then came the mounting, first onto some Pool Party cardstock which I used the scallop border punch to edge, then onto the Whisper White.  I felt I needed a little more Certainly Celery so added a strip of the 1/4" grosgrain ribbon turning over only one end.

The Melon Mambo cardstock I ran through the Big Shot machine in the Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder (IB&C p157) before mounting the stamped image portion on with dimensionals to raise it off the page.

Whisper White is the card base and of course everything was stuck on using my snail adhesive.  I added  couple of rhinestones to various parts of the image for a little bling.

All in all I'm really happy with this challenge card as I like doing a few cards that aren't so traditional in colour and it was surprisingly quick to pull together.

Enjoy - Julie

Stamp Set/s: Season of Joy
Inks: Pool Party, Certainly Celery, Melon Mambo
Cardstock and Paper: Whisper White, Pool Party, Certainly Celery, Melon Mambo
Tools & Embellishments: Paper cutter, bone folder, snail adhesive, dimensionals, paper snips, scallop border punch, ribbon, rhinestones, Big Shot machine, Petals-a-plenty embossing folder.

4 comments:

  1. Wowee, your beautiful Christmas card looks stunning in the challenge colours. Thanks for playing along with us at JAI this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty - I love how you have used these colours for Christmas.....very untraditional and such a great stamp to multi-colour with markers. Chantell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Julie! The ribbon is a lovely touch

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you've coloured the sentiment stamp, Julie; it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete