Thursday, November 10, 2011

Ta-dah! Christmas cards for the Troops done.


As you would know I've been involved in the Christmas cards for the Troops this year and what a blast it was. I loved working with Tracey - she's so much fun and had such enthusiasm - and it was also a nice change to be working with a group of people who were like minded in crafting.


The last box was sent off this week and a total of 3213 cards were made either at events of by wonderfully kind people around Australia. 

I was only talking to three neighbours over the weekend who all have husbands serving in either Iraq or Afghanistan and they all were so thrilled to hear about the cards and can't wait to get a card from their loved ones.

So for those of you who are now nearly finished their Christmas cards - I set you the next challenge - Cards for Mother's Day from the Troops! I'm coordinating the collection at the Newcastle end this time around (2012) so feel free to get them started and to me whenever you can!  It officially kicks off on January 1st 2012 and cut off for collection is March 31st 2012.

Feel free to send me an email if you have any questions.

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous effort. Congratulations on being able to send off over 3000 cards. Very impressive. I would love to help out by making some Mothers Day cards for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic work - well done!!! I'm in again - mothers day cards coming up.

    ReplyDelete