Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Fish frenzy jumbo wheel treasure chest party favour boxes and party hats


Ok so I was a little over enthusiastic when I decided to make these as the party favour thank you gifts for Noah's 5th birthday underwater themed party.  I will also say it is very unlikely I'll be crazy enough to make them again. Having said that it's super lucky that I have already cut and scored the additional ones I will need for his January party, as otherwise they wouldn't be happening!

I came up with the orginal shape after a number of hours and a lot of wasted paper, which I then transfered to a sheet of thicker cardstock. This became my template.  Unfortunately they are a little larger than a 12x12 sheets so I had to get some A3 sized cardstock. I could also have joined two pieces of the 12x12 but found the A3 was easier to work with.

Once I traced the template onto each A3 sheet I cut them all out and then scored the required lines. From then it was just a case of folding on each of the score lines, then taping the bottom and side join. I ended up having to go back and use Sticky Strip on all of them as the snail adhesive was just not strong enough to hold the sides together.

The red side parts are mainly for reinforcement of the boxes and each of these has the Fish Frenzy (Summer Mini Catalogue) rolled onto it in VersaMark Ink.  The lock part was free drawn, cut and stuck on with my snail adhesive.

Noah and I finally filled them with lots of themed goodies - bath squeeze toy, chocolate coins, candy bracelets, lollipops, the cutes thong (flip flop) notebooks and some other goodies.

Thankfully these are ready for the 'school' party on Sunday. I hope the little people like them and that they at least keep them for a little bit of time!

I also made my own party hats out of A4 cardstock which I added a fringe to hoping it looked a little like seaweed, then we added a couple of fish stickers. I had hoped to stamp my images and then fussy cut and stick them on but just ran out of time.

Enjoy - Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment