Tuesday, December 6, 2011

My little man is turning 5! Summer Splash party invitations.


Yes it's happened, we are gearing up to celebrate Noah's 5th birthday.  I can not figure out how it came around so quickly but it's here and it's going to be somewhat different being that we're not in Canberra for the celebrations.

Being very pregnant I figured if I didn't get these invitations made early I wouldn't get them done so over the last couple of weekend I have been a busy Mummy stamping, cutting and putting together.  Thankfully they are all done and all I have to do now is get them into the post.

The stamp set and roller wheel are new limted releases and I think they're so wonderful particularly as we now live so close to the beach. Originally Noah asked for a submarine themed party but due to the restrictions on all things submarine I asked could be do an underwater themed party instead.  After a lot of consideration from a 4 year old, approval was given!

The set is called Summer Splash and the jumbo wheel is Fish Frenzy, both of which can be found on page 16 in the new Summer Mini Catalogue.

They're flat one sided invitations which I printed the wording straight onto from my home computer.  After cutting them to the size I wanted I rolled the Fish Frenzy wheel over the bottoms of each.  The turtles are stamped in Early Espresso ink onto Daffodil Delight cardstock and I hand cut all 46 turtles out - which did take some time!

Each green portion is then attached to a piece of Pacific Point cardstock using adhesive and then after poking some holes in the corners with the paper piercing kit I added a couple of brads to ensure it all held together.  The turtles were stuck on with dimensionals to raise them off the page a little.

Noah's very favourite colour is yellow so the turtles are his favourite part he tells me.  The only one thing I am annoyed about is the RSVP date is wrong! It should say January not December - oh well that happens when you're working with the pregnant brain!!

Next to come are the treasure chest party favour boxes I'm in the middle of constructing.

Enjoy - Julie

Stamp Set/s: Summer Splash, Fish Frenzy (jumbo wheel)
Inks: Early Espresso, Green Galore
Cardstock and Paper: Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point, Green Galore
Tools & Embellishments: Paper cutter, snail adhesive, dimensionals, paper snips, brads, jumbo wheel handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment