Thursday, February 16, 2012

Baby Oliver thank you mini accordion albums

We feel we have such a wonderful group of friends and family. Even though we don't get to see them often now that we are living in Newcastle, they were all thoughtful and lovely enough to help us celebrate the arrival of our beautiful Oliver by sending a card or gift.

It's been strange this time around being away from friends as I obviously didn't get to introduce Oliver to many people either in hospital or soon after his birth. Very big hugs and kisses to some very special people who were able to pop in to visit and to my other friends who were able to meet Oliver when they came to visit for Noah's 5th birthday. It certainly makes you realize who your true friends are when you move!

As we were so far away I wanted to make thank you cards that firstly were different from any I'd seen before and that I could use to showcase some photos of Oliver and Noah. I did a bit of googling and decided finally on mini accordion albums.

Thankfully I started this project back in October as there is no possible way I would have been able to get them made after Oliver arrived!

And here they are. This is the front of the album when it's tied closed with the ribbon.


To start with I cut a 12x12 sheet of cardstock into three even pieces (there was a little left over) and then folded and scored each in half and then half again making four even sized sections. This formed the inside part which eventually had the photos attached to it. Using a coordinating cardstock I measured and cut two larger pieces for the front and back covers. The inside papers were cut slightly smaller than the area they were to fit in to. All were attached using the snail adhesive.


The front covers were completed using a piece of patterned paper which again I cut slightly smaller than the area they were to fit on to. I then stamped the alphabet background from the I'm Here stamp set in Certainly Celery and the hand in Bashful Blue. All was done on Whispher White cardstock. The ribbon was the trickiest part and I did have to experiment several times to get it to work and close the way I wanted it to.


Finally after our beautiful boy arrived I was able to print out the photos which I did at home and then cut them to suitable sizes before adding them. I haven't shown you the back but in the middle two sections I again added patterned paper and this was the spot where I hand wrote each persons thank you. If you would like to see it just leave me a comment below and I'll upload a picture.


I just couldn't resist this last photo of my beautiful boy lying beside some of his thank yous before I tied all the ribbons.

Enjoy - Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment