Thursday, March 1, 2012

Crazy for Cupcakes - it's happy birthday balloons

Crazy for cupcakes (IB&C p ) is still one of my favorite stamp sets due to it's variety of stamps in one set. I tend to make quite a few cards using the single cupcake so decided to make one using just the balloons. This card also fits perfectly into two birthday challenges, one over at SUO and the other at Card Makin Mamas.


I mentioned before about the large stack of retired designer series papers I have but with the cards I am making I am slowly making my way through them. The paper used in this card is called sweet always and I just loved the colours in it. The cardstock colours are Pixie Pink which is also retired and then current colours Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip and Whisper White.


The balloons are stamped firstly onto the Whipser White cardstock which enables me to have the strings where I want them. The balloons I then stamped onto the dsp and a piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock which I ran through my Big Shot machine using the Polka dot embossing folder. Each was then cut out before being stuck on using the dimensionals.


To put it all together I simply cut the cardstock and paper and then layered them on top of each other. I'm normally a fairly traditional person when it comes to layering so putting the balloon part slightly off centre was a little hard for me! But I am really happy with how much it changed the whole card. The ribbon is Chocolate Chip grosgrain and it's two pieces cu and stuck around the balloon section. The bow is made using the no tie technique and held together using a brad which I used my Signo Gel pen to draw on. I also used the rhinestone brads which thanks to YouTube I learnt how to change the colour of. They're coloured with a Pixie Pink marker and then I sprayed clear sealer onto them. They do take a little while to dry but it's easier than having hundreds of different coloured rhinestones.

Happy birthday is from the Teeny Tiny Sentiments, stamped in Pumpkin Pie ink and cut out using the Word window punch. Stuck on using the snail.

I'm really happy with how the card turned out and hope that the person I'm sending it to likes it as much as I do!

Enjoy - Julie

Stamp Set/s: Crazy for Cupcakes, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Inks: Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie
Cardstock and Paper: Whisper White, Pixie Pink, Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie
Tools & Embellishments: Paper cutter, bone folder, snail adhesive, dimensionals, paper snips, word window punch, Signo Gel pen, ribbon, rhinestones.

3 comments:

  1. This is absolutely adorable! Thanks for playing along with CMM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful birthday card! I love the paper piecing on the balloons! Glad you joined us at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun colors - I love it! Thanks for joining SUO Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete