Friday, March 2, 2012

Happiest birthday wishes because - it's your birthday!

Another birthday card today using the happiest birthday wishes set. This is a hostess set of 11 stamps which are all birthday sentiments. I haven't used many of these stamps and am challenging myself to make a set of cards using each stamp set I have over the next few months. It'll help me sort out which sets I really don't need to hang on to as I'm starting to run out of storage space! This card also happens to fit with challenge #84 over at The Paper Players, which ic a sketch from LeAnne.


I turned the sketch on it's side because the paper I had only worked this way. The stamped images were stamped in Yoyo Yellow, Only Orange and Gable Green which are all retired colours but fit so well with the papers. They'd easily be substituted with Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and Lucky Limeade though. The card base is also Only Orange and the matt is Whisper White.


The stamped images were punched out using the small tag punch and then coordinating cardstock was punched out using the large tag punch. As I accidental cut the orange and white cardstock pieces a little short for the tags I did have to slightly cut down the sides of the cardstock tags to make them fit next to each other. Easily done though. The sentiments I stuck on using dimensionals as when I attached the ribbons and brads on they were raised on the back so couldn't sit flat.

A bright cheery card for a bubbly happy person!

Enjoy - Julie

Stamp Set/s: Happiest birthday wishes
Inks: Only Orange, Yoyo Yellow, Gable Green
Cardstock and Paper: Whisper White, Only Orange, Yoyo Yellow, Gable Green, Dovecraft birthday paper
Tools & Embellishments: Paper cutter, bone folder, snail adhesive, dimensionals, paper snips, small amd large tag punches, ribbon, brads.

5 comments:

  1. What an adorable card, Julie! This paper is so sweet! I love the tags and the bright and cheery colors! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your three little tags---bright & cheery! I am so glad you played with my Paper Players sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cute tags and the bright, happy colours! Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just adorable Julie! I love the little bits of ribbon and the way you've lined up the tags perfectly! Great use of the sketch...so glad you joined us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie, this is one fun and happy card! Love the bright colors and those fun tags! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete