Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Happy 40th Auntie Av!

It's my sister's 40th Birthday this month and I wanted to make her a card that was extra special and different to any I'd made before.

One click and I had my card idea. My email link to a tutorial arrived introducing me to a card called a 6 fold card. I read through the instructions and figured it shouldn't be too hard - hahaha.


I began with a 12x12 sheet of texture Melon Mambo cardstock which I then cut down to 12x8". Popping it on the long side I scored in at 4" and 8" before turning it and scoring at 2" and 4". You then have to cut away some of the panels and fold it to make sure it all closes properly.

The spotted papers are also Melon Mambo and are from the Brights collection dsp pack. The other papers are a Dovecraft range called Laura Ashley and perfect for my sister. All the embellishments were bits and pieces I already had.
The front of the card had to have something which goes on the top to create the featured point.

I used Basic Grey cardstock and the scallop square die in my Big Shot to create this and then using the SU punches, punched out two pieces which I layered on top of the scallop. The 40 numbers are chipboard I cut out with my Big Shot and then used the heat and stick powder to add glitter to. I love the colour which was actually silver but I coloured using Melon Mambo Reinker (just pop some glitter into a bowl and add a few drops of the Reinker of our choice, stir and leave to dry fully before using). To add the finished square I had to use Sticky Strip as the normal snail or standard double sided tape just aren't strong enough to hold it. The rhinestones just added the last dimension of bling I was after, but I did have to use a couple mini glue dots to hold some of them on as they kept falling off.


This card is definitely one that has taken me the longest to make so far, but I am so happy with the end result as was my sister when she received it!

Enjoy - Julie 

No comments:

Post a Comment