Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Welcome to the world Baby Piper.

Perhaps it's being a part of the defence community that makes me talk to anyone and everyone! But in early January this year I was out to collect the mail from the letter box when I noticed a couple walking their dog down the street. Having just had Oliver I was thrilled to notice that this lady was pregnant and looked due shortly! We ended up having a short conversation and off we all went.

A few weeks later we meet again at a yearly meet and greet that's organized in our area to welcome new defence families and introduce them to us 'oldies'. Here I meet Tracee again and still no bub. But bub was due within a few days.

Alas this bub didn't want to make a rush and held in longer than she was due to, but on the 19th February, the very beautiful Piper joined the world. I wanted to visit but knew I'd need a card before I could go.

At around the same time we got notified by our head office that the Stampin Up stocking punch is not going to be carried over into the next catalogue which surprised me a lot. Knowing this I decided that I needed to use this punch to make the card.

Here it is!




The card is farily simple to put together. It is just cardstock layered together with some dsp. It is made from a retired cardstock called Passion Pink, but would work well in Melon Mambo. As I'm still working my way through all my bits and pieces of retired dsp this one is from a set called Love Me. The little booties are made using the stocking punch - punched out on Whisper White cardstock, then run through the Big Shot machine in the polka dot embossing folder. I sponged a little more Passion Pink on to the stockings to add a little more colour and dimension. The other stocking parts are also stamped in the same ink and then punched out. To make the bootie the right size I did cut down the stocking a little before adding the top part.

The sentiment is also from a reitred hostess set but looked so cute. Most of us stampers have lots of sentiments stored away so any would work. I loved the 'it's a girl' ribbon and it worked really well here too.

I was so happy with it I did make another 8 similar cards which I will try and upload this weekend.

The Stocking Punch is currently available in the Summer Mini Catalogue which ends on the 31st March so you don't have long to grab one if you're keen. If you'd like to get one just send me an email and we can make sure you don't miss out. Don't forget that it does match up with the Stitched Stocking stamp set which is also retiring at the end of this month.

Enjoy - Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment