Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Hoppy Easter

I'm so disappointed this was an ala carte stamp in the just retired Summer Mini Catalogue as I am  sure there's going to be a lot of disappointed SU stampers out there when they realise they've missed this bunny. I hope that he makes it into the nxt Idea Book & Catalogue.
He's so cute and was so much fun to do and he fits into the make an Easter card challenge over at Card Crafter's Circle.

I used the SU markers Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Early Espresso and Pacific Point to colour the individual parts of the Easter eggs and the bunny clothing and used the Early Espresso for the bunny himself.


The image was stamped onto Whisper White cardstock, then cut and mounted onto a square of Old Olive, and then a large scallop square in Close to Cocoa (which is retired but I had some left over. The Early Espresso would be the alternative as this was actually the ink used). To add some highlights I added the strips of cardstock to the top and bottom of the image.

This was then all attached to a base card of Pacific Point which I had already added a strip of the Daffodil Delight designer paper to as well as a featured strip of Old Olive grosgrain ribbon.

It was a fast card to make and one we made for Noah's Nanny and Poppy. He was so and as he started Kindy this year was keen to write the card himself. For someone who wasn't able to write much at the beginning of this year I'm thrilled.

I rarely do just one card at a time as I figure I've got all the bits and bobs out so here's the second one, very similar expect it's got some twine and a scallop edge on it as well.

Enjoy - Julie

Stamp Set/s: Hoppy Easter (ala carte)
Inks: Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Pacific Point, Early Espresso
Cardstock and Paper: Whisper White, Old Olive, Pacific Point, Close to Cocoa
Tools & Embellishments: Paper cutter, bone folder, snail adhesive, dimensionals, paper snips, scallop border punch, ribbon, twine, paper piercing kit.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Julie,
    What a cute Easter card! Adorable little bunny and I love bunnies with chocolate, yum ! Thanks for playing in the challenge this week at Card Crafter’s Circle and I love how you used your markers, great idea!
    Hugs
    Trish Munro
    http://trishandtreasure.blogspot.com/
    Card Crafter’s Circle Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too sweet, Julie! Fab colours, and the image is divine (glad I nabbed it!). I love the twine treatment! Thanks for sharing at Card Crafter's Circle!
    hugs from Victoria,
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete