Thursday, June 21, 2012

Oliver's telescopic thank you cards

Well as per always, I can't do anything in a simple manner so as I embarked on Oliver's Christening thank you cards I quickly found something I'd never made before and had more layers than I first imagined! They're called telescopic cards as then fan out when you pull the ribbon embellishment at the top. Nonetheless, they're made, written on and will be posted later this week, and I couldn't be happier with them.

I've made them out of Ballet Blue, Close to Cocoa and Very Vanilla card stock.  The first two colours are retired stock but as I had three packs of each colour I decided I'd best start using it up.  You could easily substitute any colour range to coordinate with the final product you need.

The item that made this project quick once I decided on size were the Big Shot machine, large scallop circle Bigz die and the circle original dies (IB&C ps 1155-161). Without these it would simply take too long to make and the circles would never be the perfect shape or size. I did after all have 65 to make! In total you need one large scallop circle, five circles in four different sizes, the smaller scallop and then whatever embellishment you like at the very front. Here I attached some stickers I ordered online as they matched the stickers attached to the little thank you gifts I made to give out at the morning tea.

Once you've die cut all the circles it is a matter of layering them all and adding any papers, stamped images or embellishments you like. I put it altogether lay it out flat the way you want it to end up looking once it's telescoped out, then place the middle circle on top of the bottom scalloped one and using your paper piercing tool make a small hole and add a brad to secure it. Do the same with the smaller circle and then using a piece of ribbon or string and another brad make the top bit which will be the part pulled on to open the finished card. Oh I hope that makes sense!



The middle green circle is retired dsp called walk in the part (available for sale at my Facebook store - N-bellish Handmade) and I added a photo of Oliver onto this part. I then hand wrote each of my messages on the white circle before closing them up.  I'm super thrilled with how they turned out and hope that the recipients are as excited about them as I am.

Enjoy - Julie






No comments:

Post a Comment