Saturday, September 15, 2012

Baby Button Buddies Rattles

Oh my how cute are these! I have to admit I spend a whole lot of time searching through the SU catalogue looking at stamp sets and trying to decide whether I should get one or not. Well I gave in and I am so glad that I did.

It's called Button Buddies and consists of eight various stamps and the idea is that you use buttons to embellish the stamped images.  They're so cute and it's made so that the SU range of buttons fit perfectly onto the images. Here's a picture of the other images the set contains.  I so want to do the little piggy next! 
These two cards were also for the auction - which was over at Bella Grace Gifts of Hope on Facebook and run to help the lovely Beck and Jen get to the Little Angel Memory Boxes Ball. 
 
A great thing about these cards was that you don't need to own every colour on ink or ribbon under the sun. The first card is made using Tempting Turquoise and Whisper White and the second is Melon Mambo and Whisper White. 

I scored and folded to make the card base and then using the Big Shot machine and the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder ran a smaller piece of cardstock through.  The next thing was stamping the rattles and attaching the buttons which I did using some of the baker's twine.  This is pretty easy to do, just place the button over the top of the area you need it to cover and using the paper piercing tool or a long pin poke a whole through. The just push the twine through and tie the bow.

 
Each card is put together by attaching ribbon to the embossed piece, mounting the stamped image onto a slightly smaller plain piece and the attaching this to the embossed piece. I did this using dimensionals to add a little more depth.  The final thing to do is to stamp a sentiment. I used the same one - hello baby - which is from the Teeny Tiny Sentiments.

I think these are beautiful and I really like the fact that they're made using only two colours which makes them look a little more classic.
 
Don't forget that I have a Facebook Page - N-bellish Handmade - where you can buy some premade cards or I can custom make one for you. I've also recently added some goodies to help you to create you own cards of scrap pages.
 
Enjoy - Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment