Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Recyled wrapping with some Itty Bitty Shapes tags

Brown paper, brown paper and some more brown paper! Each time we get a delivery from SU they use loads and loads of brown paper as the packing material. Being the crafter I am I never ever throw it out, but never think of what I'll need it all for at the same time. Well finally I decided on what to do with some of it!

A few friends of mine either ordered some products from me or needed a little gift to lift their spirits so I decided instead of just sending the items I'd use that brown paper to wrap them. Very environmentally good - my five year old told me! I think they look good with just a little twine wrapped around them.


Of course I then decided I needed a tag to add to each of them to pulled out the Itty Bitty Punch set and some odd bits of cardstock I had and set to stamping, punching and attaching.  The little buttons add some dimensional but did give me a little grief attaching as the twine I was using was a little to thick to push through. In the end I pulled the three bits of twine apart and got it to work. 


The tag itself is a sizzix die which makes it super fast to cut out and means I don't have to have the finished products lying around the house. These ones honestly took me about 5 minutes each to put together. Though I guess they don't take up much space if you want a few ready to go. 

 
The tag is cut out of cake crumb cardstock, while the little bits are left over ballet blue, pixie pink and very vanilla.  You could though use any colour. I just had those little bits from left over projects and as you know I hate throwing things out! The buttons are made to specifically use with the Itty Bitty stamp and punch sets and are called Bitty Buttons. You get 64 buttons for only $8.95 which is super value. I like that they're clear as you can use them as an accent on any project then.

 
So all done, a quick and fast project for the day. If you'd like to order the items for to make these or any of the other projects be sure to send me an email and we can organise it!
 
Hugs - Julie


1 comment:

  1. Very cool use of all that brown paper, and your c/s scrap. Lovely looking parcels.

    ReplyDelete