Monday, September 17, 2012

Welcome baby bundle.

I've made some cards like this before and it is definitely one of my favourite end products - but wow does it take a while to hand cut all those little pieces out.  The pieces are all from the Baby Bundle stamp set and all stamped onto coloured cardstock using the coordinating ink colour.  I then hand cut each piece out before glueing them onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock. 
 
After I have them all stuck on - I try and make a number of multiples of these cards at once - I then run the piece through an embossing folder - in this case the square lattice one.
 
 
Next it's mounting the embossed piece onto two different pieces of cardstock cut slightly larger than the first, a little strip of ribbon and then I attach it to the card base.
 
The little onesie romper suit is cut from images stamped using the Jumbo wheel called Baby Tees.  It's another item I've owned for a while and yet not used very often!  I stamped onto some of the designer series papers and the hand cut them out.  All the tees are attached using dimensionals as this helps raise them off the page.
 
The sentiment belongs to the Friendly Phrases set and I used markers to ink this as I wanted to do the two parts in different colours. 
 
Again, while these take some time to do I so love them and hope that the special people who I gave them too loved them as well. I think next time I'll try some Christmas cards - so make sure to pop back and have a look.
 
Hugs - Julie 

No comments:

Post a Comment