Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A Little Bit of Magic for a special person's communion


 An oldie but a goodie. I loved this set when it was a part of the SU family a number of years ago.  When I was asked to create a card for a little girls first communion I couldn't think of a better set to use.
 
She's stamped with basic black in onto some cream watercolour paper so that she doesn't run, and then I coloured her using Rich Razzleberry, Garden Green, Primrose Petals, Cake Crumb and the new in colours Strawberry Slush and Coastal Cabana. Water colouring is a little time consuming but I've learnt over time to work out a few projects that will need the technique, stamp them all and then sit down and colour them all at the same time.  If you give it a go don't worry about going outside the lines either - it's not like colouring in at school - you're allowed to do it and it makes it look a little more natural and not so polished which is what handmade is all about. 

The image was then mounted onto a piece of Cake Crumb cardstock which is attached using dimensionals to the card base which is Rich Razzleberry.  I loved the stripped ribbons so much that I have about 3 rolls of each colour so I'm making sure I use some on a whole bunch of cards at the moment - lol.

I heard from the little girl yesterday telling me how much she loved her card which is just wonderful.

I know lots of other SU demonstrators only showcase the new items as obviously they're the ones you can buy now - but sometimes you can find the oldies around on places like ebay or facebook, or of course you can use the layout but a different stamp set.

Enjoy - Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment