Friday, September 6, 2013

There's a need for speed for a boys bundle.

It's fantastic that the Need for Speed stamp set was carried over from the last catalogue to this current one as it's such a universal set. I've used it to make cards for little boys and big boys, for birthdays, Father's Day and retirement cards.  So many uses which makes it great for value.
 
When I first got the set I loved this card the most as I figure all boys like cars but the plane has taken over in the past little while. I've got another card on the go with a plane on it that I can hopefully post a photo of later in the week.
 
 
The car and sentiment is stamped with Chocolate Chip ink and the cardstock colours are Cake Crumb (a favourite of mine), Not Quite Navy (retired but Night of Navy is the newie), Old Olive and Whisper White.

 
The quad bike and sentiment is stamped in Old Olive ink and the cardstock is a Whisper White embossed background with a few circles of colour, some of which are not SU, and the main colour is More Mustard (again a retired colour).
 
These two cards were part of a set I made for a lady who asked for a set of 20 boy themed cards as her son is now in Kindy and she's been finding it hard to buy some nice cards. I asked her if she wanted anything in particular but said no so I just made a few from a number of different sets and let her choose. I ended up making a set of 46 cards and in the end she took them all! She decided that way she didn't have to think about it for a long time.
 
Enjoy Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment